Monday, June 2, 2008

New addition to the family

After Magnus died, I had a feeling I would need to get a new cat. I didn't like the feeling that I was "replacing" him, and while I know I'm not, the feeling is hard to shake. But poor little Lexi shouldn't remain alone. This past month has been very difficult for him.


And for me.

So I was open to adopting a new kitten. But I couldn't quite make the effort... So I decided I would let fate determine when I get a new kitty. And it did -- just in time. A friend of mine, who happened to be leaving the country the next day, found this kitten at the train station, and couldn't resist saving her. The city authorities had already been called to capture and exterminate. But she couldn't really take the cat back to Germany with her... So now I have a new little girl. Her name is Lilla and I'm in love.


6 comments:

selkie said...

the best part is, you saved a life - one lucky kitten! and I find that sometimes life is like that - the RIGHT thing does happen - our newest rescue dog, Llyr, was like that - was just going to foster him while finding a home and once we got him, realized he WAS home! And the best part is the entire house is now not endlessly trying to keep a 9 month old pup entertained! She has a new playmate who has bigger teeth than her!

although I do have to admit, the cats are NOT impressed

Dale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

My last two pet, dogs, have been rescues. Thank you for doing you part vestri, I have the belief that these animals need special love and somehow know what you have done for them, and will reward you with extra love in return.

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

That kitty is so cute. Goes well with her owner. I'm glad that the kitty was saved by such a loving person.

Vestri said...

Thanks you guys *blush*... I really do believe in rescue... I love my little creatures all the more because I know they would be either dead or suffering otherwise.

~ proud mama

moonheart said...

Oh how sweet :-) I am a cat lover also. I have two; an old and wise lady named Milonga, she is very ladylike indeed. :-) I got her after she had lived in a house where people didn't take good care of her. She's with me and my family for 5 years now and she isn't afraid of people any longer. And i have a young and naughty red male one. He is 1 year now and a real hunter :-S I also am in love with my 2 cats.

Lovely post vestri